Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Chocolate for the Road

I need the Lenten journey this year. I haven't needed one so desperately for quite awhile. I find myself craving the quiet, the solitude, the Holy. I must be walking too close to the edge on this spiritual road.
Pamela C. Hawkins in The Awkward Season, writes this Ash Wednesday prayer of confession:
O God, who makes all things new,
new stars, new dust, new life;
take my heart,
every hardened edge and measured beat,
and create something new in me.
I need your newness, God,
the rough parts of me made smooth;
the stagnant, stirred;
the stuck, freed;
the unkind, forgiven.
And then, by the power of your Spirit,
I need to be turned toward Love again.
Amen
The Awkward Season in its simplicity is a good companion guide for me. I don't know where your journey will take you during Lent. Whatever you do, pursue it passionately. Hunger after God. At 7 pm tonight, I'll have one more chocolate for the road, as this pilgrimage begins.
On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment