Monday, November 1, 2010

Privileges

As much as I loathed all of the political junk mail of the last two months, I always love the process of voting. I look forward to going to the polls whether it is an off-year election or not, which begs the question as to whether any year is truly an "off" year. Yes, I know it means it is not a presidential year; however as I have looked at the ballot, there are important issues to be decided.

For all of the complaining about local, state and national elections, a surprisingly small amount of people actually turn out to vote. Wouldn't it be a sad commentary on life if more people vote on "Dancing With the Stars" than on our off-year election. It's easy to get fed-up with all of the negative commercials and print ads. It's much more satisfying though to walk into the voting booth and cast your vote.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment