Monday, April 18, 2011

The Road Home

I was struck by a line in the cantata yesterday. The line came out of Peter's monologue. Peter's (Andrew McKnight) line was in response to "Who do you say that I am?" After naming him "the Christ, the Son of the Living God," he continued with the "Aha" line for me. He said, "This wasn't something I needed time to think about. I had a front row seat to this Man's life and ministry. I knew His Heart."

I have followed Jesus for as long as I can remember. I have had "a front row seat" to Jesus' ministry in many different settings. When I see the various ministry teams in action at the church, I see Jesus. When I watch a family getting food at the pantry, I see Jesus. When another prayer shawl goes out the door, there goes Jesus. I know who He is. I have experienced Jesus within my life and subsequent experiences. I also know who Jesus is because of seeing Him in You. I have had a front row seat for ten years.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment