Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent -- the preparation for 4 weeks until Christmas -- feels like it is flying by me. I want God to make this story relevant once again, yet this year it reads more like a condensed version by Readers Digest. This is a story I need to hear over and over. I need to see all of the human choices which played into this heavenly plan. I am experiencing the undeniably gracious gift of Emmanuel, God with us through Jesus. I am awed at how much Mary and Joseph sacrificed to be part of this plan playing out. When I stop and reflect on the sacrifices and intentional choices made by so many people at the manger, I am grateful. So what does God call me to do in sacrifice? I am a character in this play as well. It is easier to get caught up in the crush of the Christmas consumerism than it is to be still. Who am I at the manger and what do I bring? Maybe I will just go back to "decking the halls"... or just perhaps I will seek out the role I am to play in this on-going love story. On the journey, Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment