Monday, March 29, 2010

Discussing Easter

I have often wondered about the discussion within the Trinity as they hatched this plan that would one day play out in Jesus on the cross. How did the discussion of costliness measure up to the realities of walking the rocky pathway to the cross with the jeering crowds? How did God watch his Son die, even with the knowledge of resurrection power? How did the Spirit hover without interfering in the chaos of the week? Is what the Trinity anticipated?

These questions haunt me each Lenten season as I cannot begin to fathom the grace of God. God's grace changes everything. Even our ability to respond to grace is God-given. I feel compelled during Holy Week to immerse myself in the Gospels in order to have a clearer understanding of the sacrifice.

Thank You, Lord, for the staggering sacrifice You made to and through the cross. This week help me to extend Your grace to those with whom I come in contact. Thank You for a grace which seeks to restore this world to all it's meant to be. Help me to listen closely to You this week in order to offer Your mercy to a hurting world, Your justice to the oppressed around and Your kindness to all I encounter. Amen.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment