Monday, August 9, 2010

The Me I Want to Be -- Confession

Perhaps the most significant aha moment in John Ortberg's book, The Me I Want to Be, was the discussion on confession. In a world that celebrates Christianity Lite where the spiritual walk is based on the desires of the consumer (me), it was an important reminder of the place of confession in a healthy life. It was good to re-read 1 John and the call to living in the light.

The act of confession will make its way more prominently in worship this fall. In worship it will look like a more intention addition to our time of prayer or communion. In a small group, the aspect of accountability is a more natural progression of our spiritual journey. It is not added in corporately per se, but much more relationally.

Reading the book reminds me to thank my covenant group sisters for walking alongside me in life.

Along the journey.

Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment