Monday, August 30, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Polly

Polly died on Sunday, August 29 surrounded by her family. I was taken back by the simple innocence of her faith in God. Polly barely had a week to digest her fate, yet she did it with an openness to God that I have rarely seen.

Native Americans believe that people with special needs are especially close to God. After listening to her testimony of faith, I believe this as well. Polly became a teacher of life and faith to anyone who was open to her words.

I am grateful to have crossed paths with her. Polly reminded me to love God with all of my mind, my heart and my soul. I hope she is enjoying her palace in the sky with the little garden filled with yellow flowers.

When I lift up an A & W root beer later, I will join many others as we speak out, "To Polly".

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment