Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Response for Terry

I find myself outraged at the possibility of a Florida church choosing to burn the Quran on Saturday. Certainly I not alone in my anger. I found myself reacting to the situation. It was at this point I heard the Lord directing me to 2 Chronicles 7:14:

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

Our call is not to react with a response, but to be proactive with the action of prayer. There is great power in prayer; particularly when groups of people seek God. Allowing my anger to be re-directed by the Lord allows for the most powerful of responses. Must the people of God respond -- absolutely. Seek God first.

Join me in prayer -- in your home, as a family, at the church. I will be at the church from 8:30-9:30 am on Saturday the 11th if you would care to join me. What else could be more important than prayer. Find a time to live out your life in God in prayer.

On the journey,
Alecia

1 comment:

  1. Alecia's call to prayer reminded me of Sr.Minister Johnson's call to raise our voices and support the life and true teachings of Jesus.

    “We feel compelled to raise our voices to proclaim that the action the Dove World Outreach Center is proposing is absolutely wrong and counter to the life and teaching of the Jesus whom we love, follow and call savior and Lord,” stated Senior Minister Dan Johnson of Trinity United Methodist Church of Gainesville on the church’s website.

    ReplyDelete