Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Confirming Your Faith

One of my favorite aspects of my job is Confirmation which I work with 7th and 8th grade students. It is a fun age because they tend to not censor what comes out of their mouth as to whether or not its particularly religious. Because I have a policy to answer any question thrown at me in the class, I have fielded questions on a number of topics. Sometimes the questions are more serious in nature. Take for instance the thoughts of one of the students:

*When talking about sins, it depends what you consider a sin.

*Can a person ever be entirely forgiven for sins?

*Just because God died on the cross, does that mean our sins are forgiven?

*Why do sins matter if we are not perfect?

This student is doing a great job in thinking theologically. She might not think about in those terms, but it is precisely what she is doing. I wonder how our church would change if we all took time to think theologically now and again.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment