Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ash Wednesday or Thereabouts

It is hard to believe we have already travelled from Christmas to the beginning of Lent. A season of reflection in the midst of our lives is an important annual journey. If you want to read a great, simple reflection on Lent, return to the homepage and scrolldown to the lower right hand corner and click on "Want to know more about Lent?". It's a fast read but offers good insight.

The smudge of the cross mingled with the woody scent of the burnt palm leaves brings home how quickly journeys move from "Gloria in excelsis Deo" to "Hosanna" to "Crucify." I feel exposed with the dark stain of the cross marking me on my forehead. I have given voice to all three expressions at various points along the way. The Lenten pathway helps guide me home, back to the dust of the earth and the breathe of the Spirit.

I hope you find a place of quiet regularly during this next six weeks. It is not as much about doing, but rather in being with the One. Quiet, still, thoughtful.

On the journey,

Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment