Monday, March 21, 2011

Vacation

My week-long southern tour visiting family drew to a close last night. It was relaxing, fun and restful. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep in after 8 AM so many days. Doug and I spent time in the homes of my adult nieces and nephews. I want to be the type of aunt who continues to track with them throughout their growing up years. Doug worked on home repair projects with spouses, while I connected in deeper conversations than are possible at Christmas. It felt good to be with family.

I realize that God give's us our church family in much the same way. I have the privilege of being in intimate conversations where tears and laughter are common. I forget what a privilege it is to be in community, one with another. It is powerful. While it was great to take a step back and refresh my soul this past week, it felt good to come home.

I hope you find time in this day to stop, breathe deeply and take in the moment.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment