Monday, November 14, 2011

Gratitude

After spending a week in Estes Park, Colorado, I couldn't help but feel grateful for all that God is doing in the world around us. Estes Park without the overwhelming crush of tourists is a place filled with herds of animals, brilliant colors, trails and solitude. It was amazing.

We went on a night hike, without flashlights, with one of the park interpreters during the full moon. After 45 minutes, our eyes had adjusted to the dark. There was a depth to the grey scale in the meadow in Moraine Basin I had not imagined. I saw things-- creatures, stars, paths and trails -- not always visible during the day. I encountered ice and deep badger holes. It had its moments to be sure -- hiking at night. The wind was wild.

I wonder what I miss out on because I don't always allow my eyes to fully adjust to God's presence in the world. Who or what don't I see when I stay in my comfort zone on the safe trails during the daylight in summer. There is a wildness about God that I am not always comfortable confronting. When I do, I stand amazed.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment