Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Falling Into Place

Last week I fell. My fault when I look back on it. I was rushing. It was snowing. I was in my heeled boots because of an outdoor graveside later. Wet boot heels on tiled floors were never made to go together. I have been sore... and whiny for the last few days. The fall has made me appreciate my body, which I so often take for granted.

While I was sporting a heat wrap a couple of days ago I was thinking about the church. It is so easy to take the church body and our life together for granted. The building, the activities, the ministries, the worship, the staff-- each aspect offers so much to our spiritual lives. Even when the body is hurting, in this case financially, I find myself amazed at the depth of concern and response from the membership. I don't know why it surprises me. I have walked this journey with you for 10+ years. Thank you for your work and ministry here at the church.

Perhaps out of the pain of the journey we will be reminded of the amazing life together that we share in this place.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment