Monday, March 12, 2012

Lenten Journey

I just read a wonderful description of the meaning of Lent on our website. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the "Journey to Easter" you will see the line for more information as to the meaning of Lent. Click and you will read an easy to understand version of the meaning of Lent.

I am reminded how beauty is an avenue to God. Each week I am drawn to the newly created banners that remind us of the last sayings of Jesus. I use the word drawn purposefully. I find that simply being quiet before the banners is a good way for me to move into the silence of the season. I resonate with each phrase as I sit in the sanctuary. Even on Sunday mornings a glimpse at one of the phrases propels me into a reflective place. I hope it is that way for you.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment