Monday, March 26, 2012

I Thirst

One of the final sayings of Jesus causes me to think about my actions. When I hear the words, I thirst, I realize I need to see how I respond to the suffering Christ. Would I bring wine to the lips of crucified One? Would I remain invisible as part of the crowd? Would I hide as did the disciples? Would I be courageous in the face of anger and violence or would I seek to protect myself, my energy, my time? When I see the simple words from John 19, I have to wonder if I see Jesus around me: the broken man in need of money for the hotel, the harried cashier, the undocumented worker, the angry teen or any number of folks. Maybe the question is not whether I see people around me. Perhaps I need to allow God's Spirit more entrance into my heart, as Jason Detra so eloquently put it during yesterday's service.

Speaking of Jason, go to Facebook and search for Exercise Your Heart. While the FB page is new, I like how Jason wrote the 4-part premise:
1. Cardio workout 15 minutes a day
2. Heart healthy meals
3. Do a good deed
4. Exercise your time with God.
I thought Jason's words were compelling as he testified about God's presence in his life.

On the journey,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment